Based in Bath, England
Starting Q2 2020
Snowdrop Solutions is a leading provider of location and mapping services for fintech, real estate and travel/transport sectors in Europe and SE Asia. As a Premier Google Maps Partner, Snowdrop is seeking a passionate and empathetic product manager to join either our Bath or London offices. We are a small, cross-functional team focused on building products and services that create delightful consumer experiences for our customers.
We are seeking a Product Manager to help define, design and build scalable location-based tools in the banking and travel sectors. This role is one of a product expert, working closely with technical development teams and is responsible for identifying, understanding and capturing requirements as well as preparing technical requirements for the development team.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders and key customers as part of taking products from concept through to deployment.
You enjoy understanding the underlying technology and its future capabilities as there is a strong technical element in this role.
- Market understanding – surveying markets, identifying trends, rival solutions, customer requirements, identification of market trends, regulations, etc.
- Engage with the development team – working directly with designers, prototyping, developers, and architects to ensure understanding and action on product programs, following an iterative, agile product development methodology
- “Eat your own dog food” – become the product expert. Ensure maximum understanding of the product and share feedback and potential improvements through to realization.
- Assist the delivery team – provide input to sales collateral, pricing, positioning, web material as needed.
- Support the sales efforts – provide subject matter expertise in the product to the sales team and their customers.
- Design – you have an understanding of how applications are built and what makes them good. A firm grasp of User Interface (UI) and workflow is essential
- Communication – you can articulate the product, the problem it solves, and why it’s compelling. You can walk through the storyboards and backlog in an appropriate fashion to all audience levels
- Decisiveness – with lots of sources of possible options, from research to customers to company, you’ll know which things to pick and why
- An eye for the future – you can see where things are going and what could be done when they get there
- At least 3 years of product management experience within enterprise software as a service (Saas) or similar
- Ability to gather requirements and turn these into an actionable backlog
- Experience in succeeding with cross-functional teams and cultures, some of whom work remotely in different timezones.
- You are learning to be an effective communicator of concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike
- You are an effective listener, especially when working with customers
- You strive for perfection but are comfortable taking a pragmatic and iterative approach to accelerative product development
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
- Strong technical background in web applications, ideally GCP knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent a plus
- Language skills (Spanish) a plus
- Previous experience ideally in the banking/financial or travel sectors
Your main activities will include
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, direct feedback from our customer segment (banking and travel) and internal findings.
- Form product hypotheses and adjust based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Leverage lean methodologies and experimentation to validate problem/solution fit
- Complete well-substantiated product roadmaps and business-requirement specs and outbound documentation
- Launch nimble, new products and features, test their performance, iterate quickly.
- Facilitate product rollout and manage sprints to meet business goals and hit roadmap targets.
If you’re a self-starter and you’re looking to make a measurable impact in the lives of millions of consumers working with our customers across the UK, Europe, SE Asia, and the Americas, Snowdrop is the place for you.
- Be based in Bath, England
- Travel to Europe and Asia on occasion
- Receive competitive salary, bonus and long-term incentives
- Remote work accommodated
If you are interested in applying: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill our form below