Sales Engineer - Banking & Finance - Singapore
Starting Q2 / Q3 2020
Headquartered in London, Snowdrop Solutions is a leading provider of location and mapping services for FinTech, real estate and the travel/transport sectors in Europe. The company is now expanding with new offices in Singapore and has recently signed several major customer engagements in the region.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Google Maps ecosystem, selling the market-leading Google Maps APIs alongside Snowdrop’s products and services mainly to leading banks and FinTech companies. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise to support the Business Development team in its mission, helping identify, develop and close enterprise clients in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
What you’ll do
You will not only explain technical capabilities to potential clients, but you will also help onboard new clients, and provide ongoing local support in AsiaPac for strategic clients that leverage Snowdrop tools and Google data/services.
In addition, you will help capture customer requirements and help define project scope for any integration and bespoke development project work in parallel. As a key member of our AsiaPac team, you will be the technical champion for Snowdrop’s prospects and customers.
About the role
- You will act as a technical point of contact in the region, internally and externally, for Snowdrop in a client-facing role
- You will provide direction and specialist knowledge to apply the right technology to address our customer’s needs
- You will facilitate customer product/application/services understanding through presentations, demonstrations, and deployments from pilot to production and regular post-sales reviews
- Present technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals
- You will provide technical and customer needs assessment support throughout the sales cycle
- You can balance business requirements versus technical trade-offs
- You will initiate regular planning sessions with Google Maps, Cloud and Advertising teams in Singapore and AsiaPac to leverage the Google organization in the sales cycle
- You will work closely with Snowdrop Product, Engineering and Support in the UK and Spain to ensure that customers’ product and service requirements are met
- You will often capture new requirements from prospects and customers to relay back to the core product and engineering teams as part of a project scoping exercise.
The experience that we are looking for
- Proven track record of supporting pre and post sales activities concerning technical offerings
- Experience with how cloud-based APIs are deployed, supported, accessed and used.
- Google Cloud Platform experience would be ideal (Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Build, Data Studio, etc).
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, or a related field is the minimum requirement for this position – equivalent experience may be substituted
- Prior experience in a pre-sales position, likely with a cloud-based vendor or reseller
- Background in location or maps (desired)
- Banking and Finance sector-specific experience is ideal
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- You’re curious and love to learn – you view every job as a new learning opportunity. You love to take apart things and learn how they work.
- You’re a self-starter – you don’t expect to receive a how-to manual for the job, and you’re resourceful when a problem arises
- You’re autonomous–you are comfortable working remotely in the region and not averse to working via Google Hangout with colleagues in Europe
- You love data and geolocation and how one can apply cloud-based technologies to location to solve problems.
- Be based in Singapore, working often with Google Maps and Cloud teams at their AsiaPac offices
- Occasional travel throughout Southeast Asia, with a few trips to Snowdrop in the UK (initial three-week intensive training, as health conditions permit)
- Receive competitive salary, commission, long-term incentives, and competitive vacation allowance.
If you are interested in applying: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill our form below