Accessible to Bath – Starting Q1 2021
An award-winning location-based software firm in the UK is looking to hire a Software Developer.
Snowdrop Solutions is a fast-paced location services specialist, serving the Fintech, Travel and Leisure, Transport, and Real Estate sectors. We embrace the latest technologies, especially those from Google Cloud Platform. As an established Google Partner, we uniquely leverage the latest Maps and Cloud technologies on behalf of a wide range of blue-chip customers in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia. Our solutions impact the lives of millions of end-users, and we are continually strengthening our product offerings.
Snowdrop is expanding a number of internal functions within the business, ranging from Incubation to deployment of our own internal and external applications . This role is a part of the Maps Business, and will involve work with customers both internal and external to ensure application success. The work is going to be in a variety of functional areas, and this will change from time to time.
This role is necessarily challenging: to succeed you need to be comfortable with changing tasks and priorities, so you’ll need to contribute to these from a development expertise perspective. You will be part of a number of different teams in the business which will have dynamic requirements – but once we set out to make something, we make it.
Ideally you’ll be comfortable working with customers and also with the range of technologies we routinely use from Google. In time you’ll further develop your skills and expertise, training and accreditation programmes are fundamental to how we operate so you’ll have time where needed to improve your skills.
As part of a growing business with an increasingly international footprint, there will be plenty of opportunities down the track to further develop your career.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS: hands-on deployment of applications;
- Strength in one or more languages that are suitable for product development using contemporary cloud technologies such as GCP;
- Proven capabilities with server-side technology for application deployment, preferably with the Open Source software that is in the modern cloud environment;
- Comfortable working with customers and stakeholders, internal and external;
- Willingness to achieve GCP Technical Accreditation/Credentials, the learning path will be funded;
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in a cloud-friendly development language such as Java or Python;
- Databases – NoSQL for example;
- Continuous integration pipelines including code review and security testing;
- Experience working within agile methodologies;
- Familiarity as an end-user with G Suite
An ideal candidate will have
- Curiosity about new technologies and software development in the cloud;
- The desire to see robust code ultimately scaling in global deployments;
- Experience with cloud technologies and especially Docker/Kubernetes;
- The ability to confidently raise and communicate project, development or deployment concerns and approaches;
- A calm approach to continually improving individual skills as well as software;
- Confidence to speak both externally to stakeholders concerning development matters, and internally within a team concerning development techniques and overall approaches.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday and Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours in co-operation with the team
- Based in the UK office in Bath
- Expensed travel, including within the UK where necessary
- Very occasional travel outside of the UK (company meetings, events)
Full time, starting November 2020
West of England or otherwise easily accessible to Bath
£33,500 to £41,500 depending upon experience
Participation in the company-wide bonus scheme
If you are interested in applying please contact email@example.com, quoting reference MB11.