Software Developers - Product Incubation
Accessible to Bath – Starting July 2020
An award-winning location-based software firm in the UK is looking to hire two Software Developers.
Snowdrop Solutions is a fast-paced location services specialist, serving the Fintech, Travel and Leisure, Transport and Real Estate sectors. We embrace the latest technologies, especially those from Google Cloud Platform. As a Google Premier Partner, we uniquely leverage the latest Maps and Cloud technologies on behalf of a wide range of blue-chip customers in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia. Our solutions impact the lives of millions of end-users, and we are continually strengthening our product offerings.
Snowdrop is expanding a Product Incubation function within the business, the aim of which is to initiate new product and service development. This role is a part of the incubation team and will involve a certain amount of research and development, learning latest technologies, hands-on development of prototypes and potential solutions, and co-operation to hand successful projects over to productisation.
The role of a software developer in Snowdrop is challenging. To succeed you need to be comfortable with change, ready to embrace the speed of innovation in the market, the technology, of Google and our customers. You will also have scope to further your career and capabilities as Snowdrop grows and there will be formal programmes to prove capabilities. You will find plenty of challenges and puzzles to solve as we work to delight our customers and improve our business.
A successful Developer in Snowdrop is open to using the capabilities of Google Cloud Platform, and willing to explore and identify the best ways to use innovative software to solve real-world problems and contribute to powerful product and service offerings.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS for hands-on deployment of applications
- Strength in one or more languages that are suitable for product development using cloud technologies
- Capabilities in server-side technology for web deployment, ideally using Open Source software
- Willingness to achieve Google Cloud Platform Technical Accreditation/Credentials which will be paid for by the business
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- SQL / NoSQL
- Continuous integration pipelines including code review and security testing
- Experience working with agile methodology
- Familiarity as an end-user with G Suite
An ideal candidate will have
- Curiosity about new technologies and software development in the cloud
- The desire to see robust code ultimately scaling in global deployments
- Experience with cloud technologies
- The ability to confidently raise and communicate project, development or deployment concerns and approaches
- A calm approach to continually improving individual skills as well as software
- Confidence to speak internally within a team concerning development techniques and overall approaches
What we offer
- 25 days holiday and Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours in co-operation with the team
- Flexible working as appropriate from week to week but predominantly accessible to the regional office in Bath
- Expensed travel, including within the UK where necessary
- Very occasional travel outside of the UK (company meetings, events)
Full time, starting July 2020
Easily accessible to regional office in Bath
£35,000 to £48,000 depending upon experience
Participation in the company-wide bonus scheme
If you are interested in applying please contact email@example.com, quoting reference PIC07.