Work with us!
Senior Software Developer
An award-winning location-based software firm in the UK is looking to hire a Senior Software Developer.
Snowdrop Solutions is a fast-paced location services specialist, serving the Fintech, Travel and Leisure, Transport and Real Estate sectors. We embrace the latest technologies, especially those from Google Cloud Platform. As a Google Premier Partner, we uniquely leverage the latest Maps and Cloud technologies on behalf of a wide range of blue-chip customers in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia. Our solutions impact the lives of millions of end-users, and we are strengthening our offerings through the coming years.
The life of a software developer in Snowdrop is challenging. To succeed you need to be comfortable with change, ready to embrace the speed of innovation of Google and our customers, and be happy to think about multiple options to further your career and capabilities. You will find plenty of challenges and puzzles to solve as we work to delight our customers and improve our business.
A successful Senior Developer in Snowdrop is open to using the capabilities of Google Cloud Platform, and willing to explore and identify the best ways to use innovative software to solve real-world problems and contribute to powerful product and service offerings. You will also be regarded as a go-to person for helping with approaches, whether they relate to choice of tools, architectures, what is realistically (and at times unrealistically) achievable.
- Familiarity with the use of Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS for building and deploying applications
- Strength in a suitable language for contemporary development, and the ability to embrace other languages as required
- Strong capabilities in the development of server-side technology for application deployment, ideally using Open Source software consistent with Google Cloud
- The ability to handle the design of systems and services that can combine to deliver solutions
- A willingness to achieve Google Cloud Platform Technical Accreditation (the activities for this will be funded)
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Innate sense of what constitutes progress in software delivery
- Collaborative: able to work with commercial and operational management as an authority
- BigQuery / SQL and the desire to head down the inevitable road to ML / AI
- Microservices deployment, ideally with Docker / Kubernetes
- Code control, security testing and continuous integration
- Curious and interested in what’s new to help make things fundamentally better
- Agile methodology
- Leadership, ability to mentor, and willingness to participate in identifying candidates to expand the team
- Familiarity as an end-user with GSuite applications
An ideal candidate will have
- The desire to see robust code scaling in global deployments
- Over three years of work with cloud-based software
- The ability to confidently raise and communicate project, development or deployment concerns
- A calm approach to continually improving both individual and collective skills including mentoring of developers
- Confidence to speak with customers and stakeholders as a technical authority for Google Maps and Cloud Platform capabilities
What we offer
- 25 days holiday & Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location including representation in Google/Customer offices (not extended periods)
- Expensed travel, including within the UK
- Occasional travel to Spain, USA (mainly for Google related events) and possible travel to Asia (Singapore)
Full time, starting Q1 2020
Accesible to Bristol / Bath
Base salary circa £65,000
Participation in the company-wide bonus scheme
If you are interested in applying: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference STPSSW120