Work with us!
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developers for award-winning location-based software firm in the UK.
Snowdrop Solutions is a fast-paced location services specialist, serving the Fintech, Travel and Leisure, Transport and Real Estate sectors. We embrace the latest technologies, especially those from Google Cloud Platform. As a Google Premier Partner, we uniquely leverage the latest Maps and Cloud technologies on behalf of a wide range of blue-chip customers in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia. Our solutions impact the lives of millions of end-users, and we are strengthening our offerings.
The life of a Software Developer in Snowdrop is challenging. To succeed you need to be comfortable with change, the speed of innovation of Google and our customers, and be happy to think about multiple options to further your career and capabilities.
A successful Developer in Snowdrop is open to the broader technology stack of Google Cloud Platform, and willing to explore and identify the best ways to use innovative software to solve real-world problems and contribute to powerful product and service offerings.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS for hands-on deployment of applications
- Strength in a front end language such as Java
- Capabilities in server-side technology for web deployment, ideally using Open Source software
- Willingness to achieve Google Cloud Platform Technical Accreditation/Credentials which will be paid for
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Data Studio
- Agile methodology
- Familiarity as an end-user with G Suite
An ideal candidate will have
- The desire to see robust code scaling in global deployments
- Over three years of work with cloud-based software
- The ability to confidently raise and communicate project, development or deployment concerns
- A calm approach to continually improving individual skills as well as software
- Confidence to speak with customers as a technical authority for Google Maps Platform
What we offer
- 25 days holiday & Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location including representation in Google/Customer offices (not extended periods)
- Expensed travel, including within the UK
- Occasional travel to Spain, USA and possible travel to Asia
Full time, starting January 2019
We are very flexible with location, and use hangout extensively. Most of our
UK business is in the South of England
£35,000 to £60,000 depending upon experience
Participation in the company-wide bonus scheme
If you are interested in applying please mail to jobs @ snowdropsolutions.co.uk, quoting reference OPBRS12.
No recruiters, please.