Full Stack Developer
Location: Malaga, Spain.
Snowdrop is revolutionising the finance and geospatial world with their cutting-edge solutions. Partnered with giants like Google and VISA, we are transforming messy payment data into crystal-clear insights, complete with merchant logos and ESG tags.
Snowdrop isn’t just simplifying data, we are reshaping how people interact with finances and the world around them. Are you ready to be a part of a groundbreaking team? Snowdrop is seeking a talented Full Stack Developer to join our Product Engineering team.
For more information about the role, please see below:
on more complex challenges in a dynamic, innovative environment. An ideal candidate will be task-focused and will thrive in a fast-paced environment that values opinions, respectful challenge, and pragmatism.
- Develop and maintain web applications using Vue.js, Nuxt and TypeScript.
- Contribute to back-end development and API integration using TypeScript.
- Engage in front-end architectural design, ensuring the creation of scalable, efficient, and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Regularly conduct coaching sessions and pair programming for junior team members to foster their professional development and enhance their technical skills.
- Serve as a mentor for junior developers, offering guidance on best practices & problem-solving within the field of full-stack development.
- Collaborate with team members on code reviews, development best practices, and continuous integration.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from concept to deployment and support.
- Engage in learning and growth opportunities to stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Ensure the implementation of best practices in software development, including test-driven development, continuous integration.
- Communicate with project stakeholders, including technical and non-technical team members, to understand requirements, provide updates, and gather feedback.
- University studies in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced proficiency in TypeScript for both front-end and back-end development.
- Proficiency with front-end frameworks, particularly Vue.js, including state management tools and advanced
- Experience with back-end development in TypeScript and familiarity with Node.js and related frameworks.
- Proficient in modern CSS techniques and frameworks (like Sass, LESS, or Tailwind CSS) for creating responsive and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools and processes (e.g., Webpack, Babel).
- Experience with RESTful API consumption and integration in front-end applications and state management.
- Skilled in writing unit tests for front-end code, with understanding of back-end testing practices.
- Ability to contribute effectively to software architecture discussions, with a focus on front-end architecture and user experience.
- Understanding of database technologies (both SQL and NoSQL) and API design principles.
- Fluent in technical English for clear documentation and team communication, including the ability to communicate complex front-end concepts to non-technical team members.
- Experience or strong interest in learning additional front-end and back-end technologies.
- Experience with fullstack frameworks like Nuxt.js or Next.js
- A proactive approach to learning and adopting new technologies, frameworks, and industry best practices, reflecting a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design principles and a passion for creating user-centric, engaging web interfaces.
- Exposure to or an interest in cloud computing services like Google Cloud
- An interest for problem-solving and debugging, with a focus on delivering efficient and maintainable code using principles of SOLID & Clean Code
- Any experience or projects in Fintech, Travel, or Marketing sectors is a plus.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday and Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours and location.
- Hybrid working: Ideally, spend at least 4 to 8 days per month at our Malaga, Seville or Bath offices.
- Twice a year Offsites with colleagues (eg. Malaga offices in Spain, near the beach)
- Attendance at technical conferences and events.
- 10% weekly scheduled time for self-development and a training allowance.
- Malaga, Spain.